In this Part 2 of 3 videos, Evelyn and Terri Couch of Kernersville, NC will discuss the process of creating a college list, applying to dance programs, and the three types of dance auditions that she participated in. Evelyn is now a first-year student at Ohio State University majoring in Dance and Arts Management.
Didn’t catch Part 1 about their experience working with Dance into College? View it here!
Want to catch all of our new videos? Subscribe to the Dance into College YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1XfyIiN5e5E5nnyv_LtE5Q
A little bit more about Evelyn:
- Competitive dancer at Dancers Edge, Winston-Salem, NC
- Consistently placed top 3 in regional competitions and nationals with tap solos and had multiple group national championships in a variety of genres
- Well-versed in ballet, pointe, lyrical, hip hop, tap, jazz, contemporary, musical theater
- Target colleges were not ballet conservatory programs. She wanted a college that had technique classes, performance opportunities, and clubs that allowed her to continue practicing many styles
- One of Evelyn’s college requirements was having the ability to double major in an area of interest such as business, entrepreneurship or arts management.
- Evelyn would like to have a career in dance performance and eventually own or manage a dance studio, dance company, or another entertainment company.
Click the image to view the video!