In this video, Evelyn and Terri Couch of Kernersville, NC will share their experience working with Dance into College during Evelyn’s junior and senior years of high school. Evelyn is now a first-year student at Ohio State University majoring in Dance and Arts Management.
Want to catch part II and III of our interview with Evelyn and all of Dance into College’s new videos? Subscribe to the Dance into College YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1XfyIiN5e5E5nnyv_LtE5Q
A little bit more about Evelyn:
- Competitive dancer at Dancers Edge, Winston-Salem, NC
- Consistently placed top 3 in regional competitions and nationals with tap solos and had multiple group national championships in a variety of genres
- Well-versed in ballet, pointe, lyrical, hip hop, tap, jazz, contemporary, musical theater
- Target colleges were not ballet conservatory programs. She wanted a college that had technique classes, performance opportunities, and clubs that allowed her to continue practicing many styles
- One of Evelyn’s college requirements was having the ability to double major in an area of interest such as business, entrepreneurship or arts management.
- Evelyn would like to have a career in dance performance and eventually own or manage a dance studio, dance company, or another entertainment company.